Preparation. Like any lawn sewing method, preparation is essential and needs to be carried out prior to hydroseeeding. This is vital to gaining a successful, healthy lawn. Canterbury Spray on Lawn can assist with preparation if required, please enquire here.
- It is a good idea to get your soil analysed by a registered soil technician to establish if any treatments are required through the preparation stage of the job.
- 100mm of good quality soil is required. Anything less than this will give you a sub standard root structure.
- Removal of weed, rocks and debris.
- Soil should be graded, raked and left to settle, ensuring your soil is not packed too firm, discouraging growth.
- The soil needs to be at an appropriate moisture level. Your soil should not be powder dry; however it needs to be dry enough, allowing people to walk on it.
- Enclose the area to be hydroseeded to ensure there are no disturbances to the soil.